Radiators Single to Double upgrade...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello experts

I want to know how difficult it would be to replace a single radiator to a double radiator- is it simply unbolt and unhook or something more involved... I need to know what the procedure is as I haven't done this before.

Oh and is www.screwfix.com a good place to buy rads from..?

Sponsored Links
OnlyAsking... said:
Hello experts

I want to know how difficult it would be to replace a single radiator to a double radiator- is it simply unbolt and unhook or something more involved... I need to know what the procedure is as I haven't done this before.

Oh and is www.screwfix.com a good place to buy rads from..?

wouldnot know about screwfix sorry but

if the double rad is of exactly the same lenght and of exactly the same make then it is really easy :LOL:

if not it is a bit difficult

first measure it and go for the nearest size slightly shorter then get some extenders from the merchant for it, too make up the size.

the brackets for it sure be fitted as per instructions on the pack.

hope that helps and sure with this lot there will be loads more suggestions to follow.

I just been reading some DIY tips- whats this plastic piping stuff , can you use it for central heating- recommended? any feedback? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Had a rad in last rented house moved, the plumber used plastic piping to extend from the original copper pipes

Use a slilghtly shorter replacement rad, telescopic connection extenders and you won't need to move any pipes or remove the valves.

no only asking you dont

if you ask for a DC slightly smaller than your existing one then do all the things already said

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back