Radiators still running upstairs-programmer is "Water o

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone please help. I bought the house recently with installed Baxi Bermuda B boiler with Randall 102 programmer. The problem is that I could not get Hot water only. When switched to Water and Heating - everything works fine, when switched to Water only, the pump stops running but the radiators upstairs still running. There is obviously something wrong with the wiring from the 102 to the boiler or may be I need to stop a tap somewhere.

Sponsored Links
what makes you say the rads are still running if the pump has stopped ?

May be upstairs the water is circulating due to convection - all radiators are hot, and water of course. Downstairs they are cold. The pump doesn’t work. It starts working when I switch the programmer – “Water and Heating”.

Sponsored Links
maybe when you have your hot water on only, the hot water isn't the last return T back to the boiler???? this making your upstairs rads hot? although if the pump is not running then maybe the hot water and upsatirs rads are as you mentioned just heating up by gravity. Must be a wiring fault if pump is not running when programmed H/W if its a fully pumped system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back