Radiators warm up nicely then.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Throughout house then suddenly the 2 in the front large kitchen/diner will go cold
My Honeywell thermostat control unit is in the back room and because it’s a cold room with high ceilings I’ve set it at 25c
All the rads have those thermostatic controls and all are working and not stuck
The rads have been bled and all were fine
When i tinker on the rads control very slightly the rad will warm up again! Please tell me what is going on or point me in a direction where I can maybe do trial and error or anything
Also I want to service my Magnaclean pro 2( I do it every year) but this time I can’t turn the top lid with the special large spanner, it seems to be stuck fast and I done really want to remove the whole unit as that seems hard too, if I use real force I might bend or cause a leak issue from the adjoining pipes ..... any suggestions guys
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
All rads have trv’s? Including the room thermostat one?

You could try bleeding the magnaclean to release this. As for the rads, try turning all other valves off, leaving the 2 problematic ones, see if they heat up. Sounds like it just need balancing.

Sponsored Links
Ok will try that, also the shower room radiator towel rad ( it’s probably the nearest to the boiler... just) is boiling hot even when the thermostat is on lowest setting ....

Attachments

• 41684389-22C5-47D7-AFDC-5E18A5128CAF.jpeg
    41684389-22C5-47D7-AFDC-5E18A5128CAF.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 80
Remove the TRV head from the one in the room with the thermostat. You shouldn’t have a TRV in that room.

Ok will try that, also the shower room radiator towel rad ( it’s probably the nearest to the boiler... just) is boiling hot even when the thermostat is on lowest setting ....
this may not be shutting off correctly then.

Mottie thanks I’ll try that ... any advice on the blistering hot towel rad.?

Mottie thanks I’ll try that ... any advice on the blistering hot towel rad.?
It’s not a part of the bypass circuit is it? If not, I’m not an expert but if it’s the nearest to the boiler I’d try throttling it right down on the lockshield valve.

Yep I understand that and will give that ago too cheers

Also I want to service my Magnaclean pro 2( I do it every year) but this time I can’t turn the top lid with the special large spanner, it seems to be stuck fast and I done really want to remove the whole unit as that seems hard too, if I use real force I might bend or cause a leak issue from the adjoining pipes ..... any suggestions guys
Don't let the pipes take the force when you're trying to remove the lid, or you risk damaging them (as you say). Get a mate to hold the body while you use the spanner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back