Rad's furthest from boiler, hot at top cold at bottom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Here's the problem, PLEASE HELP!!!

Three rads furthest from the boiler are hot at the top but cold at the bottom, particularly near the outflow.

The Outflow pipe is cold. But the inflow hot.

The system was installed a year ago, and this problem only started a 2 weeks ago. No work has been done on the system.

I've bled them all, nothing's changed. I doubt its sludge due to the system being so new. Is it a case of balancing? and if so, how do I do this as I've no idea?

Its a bungalow, so all rad's on same floor. With a Potterton Combi Boiler (not sure model). There are 9 rads (inc one large one in the lounge). The furthest rad's from the boiler are 30 foot away. The rads are connected using flexi plastic piping.

All help appreciated, and please explain things in laymans terms, as i'm a novice when it coems to central heating.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The system was installed a year ago
You really ought to get the installer back. There's a good chance that this problem is due to some deficiency of the original installation. It doesn't really matter if it's a little over a year, the installer still has a responsibility for any defect in the original installation.

It could be that the system needs balancing, which is covered by our new sticky reference thread above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back