Rads getting hotter and hotter regardless of thermostat

Sorry to revive this thread; changing the batteries seemed like it solved the issue. Today the issue reoccurred (about a week after the new batteries were installed). Just in case those new batteries (which I already had in the house) weren't at their best I've replaced the batteries again today, with known-good batteries, and again the issue appears resolved, for now.

However I do now seriously doubt that it's the freshness of the batteries that causes everything to work again, I suspect it's turning it off and on again (by changing the batteries). Then it effectively resets, before malfunctioning again. Thing is, I replaced the wireless thermostat (brand new identical model) not long ago because the previous one couldn't be persuaded to maintain its binding with the receiver and had to keep being re-bound.

Is it likely these Honeywell stats just aren't very good?

When I bought the replacement thermostat, it was the whole kit - the wireless bit and the wired in receiver/relay. I only replaced the wireless bit, and bound it to the existing relay, and it worked fine for a year or so. I'm now wondering if I need to a) replace the relay unit (might as well, I guess, as I have a new one here anyway) or b) go shopping for a different make and model of thermostat.

If b), does anyone have any experience of the lovely-looking but pricey Nest ones??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back