Rafter hangers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

am at the roof stage and need to plan my rafters. New to roofs, as I was to bricklaying, foundations ect so go easy lol

I have approx. 24 deg pitch to roof and therefore I need to attach the rafters to the ridge beam with a 24 deg cut, that I know.

My question is are there rafter hangers with an angles base to take rafters cut to my angle ??

I have seen many joist hangers but none for angled rafters, is it just a nail job??

Many thanks,

Graham

Sponsored Links
I have just seen a picture where rafters are hung using a 90 deg hanger and have just notched out the bottom of the rafter so it sits in the hanger correctly.

Is this technique ok ??

Graham

Google for the Simpson Strong-Tie site or brochure. If there is a hanger, they will make it

But hangers would not normally be used for this

Yes there is a hanger and quite rightfully as woody pointed out, Simpsons make them. They aint cheap though

Again though, why would you want too?

Sponsored Links
At 24 degrees or even shallower, I'll bet the plumb cut butting against and scew fixed to, the ridge board is as good as any hanger.

Thanks everyone for your replies, was making it all to complicated lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back