Rain water drainag clay adaptor bound in cement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Pics in porch album

Trying to build a porch while digging the footing out to 450 deep there is a concrete 1 meter section maybe longer going through the footing, I've dug out the existing pipe and come to a Clay SuperSleve 150 Coupling at the start of the concrete, I would like to remove the clay pipe to fit plastic 110 mm all the way to this adaptor or is it not possible.

Photos added to my Porch album

Thanks for your time gents ;)

Sponsored Links
If it's a foul drain i'd be wary of bodging it... I'm not aware of anything that will adapt to the clayware collar from plastic, if you can gently chisel around and remove that existing collar then fit a clay to plastic collar and carry on with the plastic from there. Putting a hacksaw cut through the 'lip' on the end of the collar (or cut lengthways through the top of the whole collar if you can) may loosen it to allow easier removal.

(That'll be 100mm Supersleve not 150mm) ;)

If it's a foul drain i'd be wary of bodging it... I'm not aware of anything that will adapt to the clayware collar from plastic, if you can gently chisel around and remove that existing collar then fit a clay to plastic collar and carry on with the plastic from there. Putting a hacksaw cut through the 'lip' on the end of the collar (or cut lengthways through the top of the whole collar if you can) may loosen it to allow easier removal.

(That'll be 100mm Supersleve not 150mm) ;)

Thanks for reply its rainwater drain from roof, oops sorry I got wrong measurements then, I am so damn paranoid of getting chisel to this concrete if the next pipe gets cracked I really don't know what the answer would be. Just been Thinking about it I might cut the clay pipe that's half broken tidy it up fit that back into the sleeve that's in the concrete and then buy the plastic to clay adaptor ;)

Think its the only way to go if there's no attachment cheers

Could put the plastic into existing coupling and concrete it in, but it would worry me if it leaked under the porch. You'll probably need to bridge over the pipe at either end of the porch now too.

Cutting the old pipe might be the safer option, need a stone disc in an angle grinder, remember to chamfer the cut end, and lubricate pipe/collar before pushing on the collar. (Beware of sharp edges!) Hepworth make a proprietry SuperSleve to 110mm plastic collar, may find that cheaper than the 'Flexseal' type.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I know what you mean its slightly out of my comfort zone TBH though this pipe was running the other way to porch to be, so yes its put a spanner in the works I must say, I am going to try and get this problem sorted to the best I can thanks for the advice matey ;)

if its a 150mm supersleave/glazed pipe get a 150 glazed to 150mm plastic adaptor then fit a 150mm - 110mm reducer

Should be fairly straightforward to sort, you've got several options, take whichever you think easiest! Really do need to know which way its going though so you get the fall in the right direction! :LOL:

put a long level in it ;) although with some old drains you could have one foot on a brick and still see the fall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back