Rainfall shower - connect chrome pipe to taps outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I moved into new home recently and want to connect up my rainfall shower head. Only thing is I don't want to use a flexible hose this time. I want to put in a proper chrome pipe, like the picture. My question is how do I connect a chrome pipe to the taps? Is there a connector I can buy? Do I have to solder it? Want to do this myself rather than getting in a plumber so advice appreciated. I have also attached a pic of the current taps.

Sponsored Links
Yup, you will be struggling to find something that looks good. All depends on the type and size of that connection on the tap. It may be a 3/4" BSP but would need to get the nut off and see if it's suitable for a 3/4" compression chrome tap connector. Trial and error I think with that one.

Thanks Jim and Madrab. What if that top section was taken off - the bit with the hose and placeholder for the head? At least then I'd be central.

Also, how would I even connect a chrome pipe to that? The pipe would have no thread at either end for example. Basically if I have a length of chrome pipe to run to the ceiling, cut to size, but no thread at either end - how do you connect that to the shower head and tap outlet? Thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
They're suggesting a 3/4" female iron.

compression-chrome-straight-female-iron__29181_std.jpg

Although the one pictured is 22mm at the compression end and you'd want 15mm.

All depends on what the thread is on the mixer once you've removed the cradle. That suggestion will not work if the thread is not 3/4".

The pipe will slide into one end of the iron and be held in place by compression.

That's what we're suggesting - You would need to remove the cradle and coupler holding it to the diverter valve. If it is 3/4" BSP then either the chrome iron or a 3/4" tap connector

images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back