Rainwater missing the guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had upvc boards fitted over wooden gutter board a few years ago and the rainwater constantly misses parts of the guttering. I have recently had new guttering fitted and the same thing is happening. I thought by having new guttering fitted would not only enhance the appearance of my new windows, which it did, but would solve the problem. The fitters said it was due to the fact that the upvc board was fitted over the wooden board and caused a gap between the roof tiles and the guttering. Can you advice what could be done to rectify, apart from the obvious of taking it all down and replacing the wooden boards. There are asbestos sofits so would be a massive job and cost. I am at my wits end!

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you need to fit felt support trays to bridge the gap, it will be easier if you have a tiled roof rather than slates.

Just had a look at them. I'm sure they'll fix the problem admirably. No more torrents on my porch and getting soaked. I'll be onto my fitters to get some asap.

Many thanks for your very quick reply.

Night, night. I happy now :D

Sponsored Links
I would be a little worried that the fitters did not advise you of this themselves to be honest. It is a very obvious solution. Make sure that when the felt support trays are fitted that they are fitted underneath the felt as that is what supports the felt at it's most vulnerable point. It is not unknown for some morons to nail it on top or worse still just slip it under the tiles an inch or so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back