raised decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am planning to build a raised deck down the side of my house.
it starts off from the back of the house at ground level and runs for about 20ft long and six foot wide. to about 5ft off the ground at the end of the deck i am going to make the frame from 3"x2" 5mm steel box section that will be fully welded but im looking for the best fixings to bolt it to the side of the house thought about using 12mm threaded bar drill about 5" into the brick work and using a two pack resing system to hold them in place or would long raw bolts be better. any body got any help for me thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi s.b.s.

how do you intend supporting the deck. after all in places it will be quite a distance, (5 feet) from terra firma?

HI m8 i will build the frame in place fixing it to the 3 walls this will leave me with a hang over of about 6ft i will support the frame with 3 steel post about 5"x5"x5"x5" at the front of the deck dug in to the ground at about two feet then build a wall in front of posts at another two feet high and fill with concrete so the front posts will be around 4ft down. then i will drop some post down on to the steps that my decking will be over. but still need to know the best to fix the box section frame to the walls. any help please

you would be best welding some, flat plate, pre drilled angles to the box section, then rawl bolt these to the masonry.

going all the way through the box sec, might be a handful.

Sponsored Links
Or go for a PFC bolted to the wall. I would go for 6mm thick steel. How do you intend to weatherproof the steel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back