Raising the floor level of a new porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! Could you give me some advice?

Got a porch built, but for some reason the builder didn't include the porch floor. I think I can raise it to the level of the rest of the house with the help of a friend. Internal dimensions are 1700x1100 mm and I have to raise it by 300 mm.

This new porch was built partially on top of the old porch, so the floor is concrete but there is a 20 cm strip where is just soil.

What do you think about a new hardcore base, sand, 300 mu dpm, 150 mm concrete and 100 pir board? Can you suggest a better way to do it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it a porch (open, so pointless insulating) or a very small front extension?

A better way, where the soil is, would be to lay the builder there (by persuasion or guile) and concrete over the numpty.

Otherwise the plan is sound.

Concrete is difficult to trowel smooth. Allow for some self leveling compound, or 50mm of screed.

Btw, this exceeds the PD allowance for a porch.

Sponsored Links
I'll check with building control, they are around because I am replacing a couple of beams.
Building control don't deal with planning regulations ( PD = permitted development/planning permission)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back