RAK/Vitra toilet combo

Joined
9 Dec 2011
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
Yorkshire
Country
United Kingdom
My toilet has leaked at the join between the cistern and the pan. The connecting bolts had rusted and I thought it looked an easy fix. It's the type with the bolts connecting straight through holes in the bottom of the cistern and the back of the pan. The doughnut seal seemed OK but I've got a replacement along with a set of bolts and rubber washers. My question is how to make the doughnut seal as it's got the hexagonal nut from the syphon resting on it. Does it just distort so water can't escape? Can anybody tell me what is the correct way to fit this.

Wierdly I find that the cistern is from Vitra and the pan is from RAK, two quite different companies, yet the builder who installed this 15 years ago made it work fine until now.
 
OK I have made no progress even after trying out three different doughnuts. I actually took the toilet outside so I could test it and not mind if it leaked. My neighbours were amused to see me installing it on an outside wall.

My wife has pointed out that the top and bottom halves are a quite different shade of white which we'd not noticed indoors. Despite the fact that some earlier plumbers had got it working OK I'm getting a new toilet.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top