random picture request !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im after 2 pictures for training purposes. Im looking for a tidy CU picture and a messy one. Just found one that RF posted but would like a high quality picture is possible.

Also looking for a high res picture of a messy install.

If someone has them i can send email address or does anyone have a link to a thread/s with a couple i can pinch please.

Sponsored Links
Which picture was it? I have most of my pics saved in better quality which I can email to you. Also you can have a look through my photobucket account. There's over a thousand electrical photos on there.

Click on my user name for my email address.

I've even got before and after pics :D

56769c4b.jpg

600c3e58.jpg

Which picture was it? I have most of my pics saved in better quality which I can email to you. Also you can have a look through my photobucket account. There's over a thousand electrical photos on there.

Click on my user name for my email address.

Picture i found was a few threads below this one of what looks like a commercial install.

Just so your not confused. Im a trainer in floorcoverings. NOT electrics, but we are trying to demonstrate to apprentices that other trades have high and low quality installers and the customer once shown will be able to see the difference. Basically the pictures will be handed out and we will ask " which electrical contractor would you use "

The same works for the flooring trade, many installers cant see why they should install gripper as a example 'neat', we are now trying a different approach!

RF, do you have a link to your photobucket page please? i presume you are o.k with us using your pics?

Sponsored Links
RF,

quick question to you and others on here if you don't mind ?

How much longer would of picture No2 taken to do neat over picture No1?

How long start to finish would each of install taken approx?

Unfortunately, I don't have an internal of this shot, and it is a bit OOF, but you can use it for training purposes.

BirdsNestI.jpg

8402812611_bb27afde9a_z.jpg

8402813271_e7b4927e99_z.jpg

8402814667_f0a255e54c_z.jpg

8403902298_7b9be5f5d8_z.jpg

Hope these help, the last image is a 12 inch joist which the DIYer decided to drill all the way through into the ceiling rose below instead of just feeding a cable in the small whole in the plaster board and twisting the rose round!

...the last image is a 12 inch joist which the DIYer decided to drill all the way through into the ceiling rose below instead of just feeding a cable in the small whole in the plaster board and twisting the rose round!
I wonder how old and big (presumably quite big, given 12" joists) that house was, how old the hole looked and how sure you are that it was the work of a DIYer?

I ask because I have a couple just like that in my house (pre-dating my occupation), with ordinary roses now fed by cables going all the way through the tall joists - just like your picture. However, some old (75 years or so) photos of the house indicate that there were once heavy chandeliers attached by serious metalwork (probably a la 'Only Fools and Horses"!!), almost certainly going through those holes (exactly the right places) - so someone (electrician or DIYer) seems to have subsequently made use of those existing holes - which seems entirely reasonable and sensible. Things are not always quite what they seem :)

Kind Regards, John

Above the grey meter, top centre, the piece of paper. Was that the schematic layout drawing?? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back