Pictures of wired CU's

I personally don't rate them at all, but my boss likes to save those pennys :LOL:

The RCBOs are the new siemens style. We were given a mixture of old and new from the wholesalers, and the wylex rep came out to site to swap all the old style (like in the SP board above it) with the new style.

Are you thinking of the really old type with the half circle type test button at the top?

Sponsored Links
Heres a few....

Underfloor heating panel:

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

Note the SWA's havnt been cabled tied yet!
DSC00142.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

Oh and this is only a nice lil 240mm 4 core..
pallphoto2.jpg

My best one ever... a corn drier control panel, rat nests and all, and yes it still worked!
IMAGE_100.jpg

Mine when I moved in.
I've ripped the whole lot out and re-done it now
Image000.jpg

circuits.jpg

both_rcd.jpg

See the lovely 30mA RCD used as in iso. it is now a proper iso. and PME'd
meterheadtri.jpg

Sponsored Links
Heres a few....

2nd pic, why the Merlin Gerin MCB?
5th pic - I see you don't like the new colour scheme too :LOL: Good old black neutrals ;)
I recognise those blue boxes as synatel units in the rats nest panel - are they pulse/photocell timers? Looks awful, have seen things like that when people have been tinkering that don't know what they are doing!

Will we be seeing any of these in NICEIC/ELECSA publications Rob??

Why not do a class at ELEX2009???

Are you going? Free bacon butty and a T-Shirt!!!!!!

Thanks guys, as always you have been very helpfull.

I'll post pictures in due course.

Here's mine (16ed) that I posted before in the other thread shortly before connection (hence the tails not yet in the isolator).

aptsys_CU.jpg

I've always found looming and terminating enjoyable.

Working for BT, Mitel, Siemans and Ericsson for years doing huge wiring projects meant living in comms rooms for weeks and months.

It's not hard to make a decent job, rather than lashing it up and I think pride is important whatever the job. Once you get in the 'groove' a tidy job takes no longer than a messy one and you can walk away with the knowledge that you have done well.

Thanks again for the pictures, I'll post up today's efforts on a new post.

I must post a picture of my lashed up 'builders supply' arrangement.

Was I the only one that spotted RF's 'tails in the back of a socket' job?

Heres a few....

2nd pic, why the Merlin Gerin MCB?
5th pic - I see you don't like the new colour scheme too :LOL: Good old black neutrals ;)
I recognise those blue boxes as synatel units in the rats nest panel - are they pulse/photocell timers? Looks awful, have seen things like that when people have been tinkering that don't know what they are doing!

Merlin Gerin because its a 63A supplying the other MK board in the other pics. MK dont do a 63A..

Not sure about the other things in the panel to be honest.... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back