Range Tribune HE - not allowing boiler to heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a range tribune HE and an icos ideal boiler, and I cannot get any hot water from the boiler for hot water. The central heating seems fine though.

It seems that the water is being heated by the boiler and getting to the tank as the feed from the boiler is really hot. The feed back the the boiler is also really hot - but it doent seem that any hot water is getting into the tank from the boiler. The immersion heater works fine, and the motorised valves open and close on the boiler firing up.
After a couple of minutes the boiler just stops burning as if it thinks the water is already hot enough. The automatic bypass valve is set to about 0.35 bar (not sure if thats right or not.

As far as I know its in a pre built formation as its in a new build. One primary coil is really hot (right) but the other is cold.

I have run out of ideas really. We have only just moved in and as far as I can tell the system was working fine before we moved in.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
Check that the overheat thermostat has not tripped this should operate a separate 2 port valve, (could be on the primary return! have a good look around ;)

Thanks Boilerman2 - the thermostat is set pretty high at about 60 degrees - is that what you mean?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back