Rangers and celtic should be banned.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just read that after last weeks match a Celtic supporter was kicked to death and his friend put in intensive care, you always get trouble at football matches but the religous dimension to Scottish football make the passions all the more intense. When i say banned i mean they should get rid of the sectarian symbols,such as Celtic flying of the Irish tricolour over their ground they must be the only club in britain which is allowed to fly the flag of a foreign country, like wise Ranger supporters should stop using the union flag to incite rival supporters. :(

Sponsored Links
Think you'll find the people you were refering to lived in N Ireland not Scotland .The same week a Man U bus driver in Nigerea rammed his bus into 4 Barca supporting Nigereans.
Nothing to do with football you get tossers everywhere

I just read that after last weeks match a Celtic supporter was kicked to death and his friend put in intensive care, you always get trouble at football matches but the religous dimension to Scottish football make the passions all the more intense. When i say banned i mean they should get rid of the sectarian symbols,such as Celtic flying of the Irish tricolour over their ground they must be the only club in britain which is allowed to fly the flag of a foreign country, like wise Ranger supporters should stop using the union flag to incite rival supporters. :(

Religious hatred is a strange thing, there are religions I dislike but would not attack someone physically or verbally just for being a member of another religion.

Though I do dislike Mormons who want to convert everyone and can be a pain in the neck to get rid of once you open the door to one.

Sponsored Links
as a fan of Glasgow Rangers, and someone who is proud to be British, i think the statement that i should be banned flying a British Union flag to be ridiculous and offensive, i have waved that flag in various places all over the world and have never done to incite anyone, and anyway most celtic fans are also British so why would that particular flag offend them?

as a fan of Glasgow Rangers, and someone who is proud to be British, i think the statement that i should be banned flying a British Union flag to be ridiculous and offensive, i have waved that flag in various places all over the world and have never done to incite anyone, and anyway most celtic fans are also British so why would that particular flag offend them?

I quite agree. :)

I quite agree. :)
if most celtic fans are British why do they wave the Irish flag at matches, as i said i think all flags should be banned

Both teams were born out of Irish Syndicates in the 19th Century. Irish business men in layman terms.

Celtic still honour that.

Paul

EDIT: I personally have no time for the religion aspect of the Scottish game. Just explaining the reasoning behind the 'tricolour'.

it's very easy to get rid of mormons, an open palm to the chest gets them to step back and take the foot out of the door then slam it in their face whilst screaming "satan will get you all soon, his time of blood is close at hand!!!" they tend to walk away rather quickly.

Wee boy on his way to a Celtic game gets run over by a car just outside the ground ,
Flies 30 foot through the air and slides along the ground . He is cut to ribbons legs broke and is in a really bad way .

Guy come over and says would you like me to get a priest for you.

Lad looks up and says sex is the last thing on my mind at present just get me an ambulance

Wee boy on his way to a Celtic game gets run over by a car just outside the ground ,
Flies 30 foot through the air and slides along the ground . He is cut to ribbons legs broke and is in a really bad way .

Guy come over and says would you like me to get a priest for you.

Lad looks up and says sex is the last thing on my mind at present just get me an ambulance
:LOL: :LOL:

I originally come from Coelraine, man who got murdered used to live 2 doors away from me and was good man, his sons though are always fighting and in trouble (no excuse for his death I know) the guys who did it were after his sons and he saved them, reason I know this is because I also know the guys who did it and went to school with most of them (olders ones)

I am a Rangers fan (used to go everyweek and had season ticket) though gone off the fans with what happened in Manchester last year and NI few weeks ago, I ike the football the banter etc but it stops after the final whistle.

Banning both Rangers and Celtic would stop things like this in NI or Scotland as they would just fight anyway

RIP Kevin

These teams exploit religious bigotry for financial gain, why else would one team wear green and the other blue.

Sponsored Links