Rapid Manuals.co .uk

ah yes.

It does show the address now. However previous to me raising the issue with 123-reg the registrant address information would not be visable as Mr Totonchi had registered the site as "non trading", therdfore there was no obligation for him to show his details. Its an option you have when registering a domian name.

This is why the post at Ripoff says: You may find the results "intersting", as the results would of previously shown "The registrant has opted not to share his details"

Now since I have pointed out to 123-reg that it is infact trading, they were legaly obliged to realesd that information due to nominet policy. See my previous posts regarding mails to 123-reg

A simpler way of doing this rather than searching google and trawling through posts is to go to www.whois.net for US based sites and www.nic.uk for UK based sites. It will search all registration information on who/what company registered the domain, and the registrant information. Try it for www.diynot.com they have opted to show there details. Not showing it is a tail tail sign its dodgy if they are trading.

I used this method to determin that 123-reg had registered the domian, and so contact them to get the registrant details released.

Thanks for letting me clear that up.

I do hope that this is all helpfull and educational to others.

TB9

Sponsored Links
please be aware this guy also has recently set up WWW.QUICKMANUALS.CO.UK

he has been scamming and stealing clients personal details for years. We have had a long running thread on this guy here and I am reporting all findings to Police, Trading Standards etc.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=135927

Beware of this guy he is not just stealing your money he is stealing your personal details and selling them for criminal purposes.

I ordered a manual rencently, and have received it in good order.
The software was ok, just what I was looking for; no strange system-adjustments dicovered (runned it first in a sandbox, no problem).
There was a flaw, though; they charged my cc twice.
After sending them an email it was refunded the next day...

So, no complaints here...

Sponsored Links
Yes, really.
After i discovered the flaw, i got a little worried and searched the internet (that's how i got here). However, after a request for a refund (which was indeed refunded), a few days later i received a cd containing the Ford TIS workshop manual.
Because the posting here about suspicous behavior i first ran the software in a protected environment, but nothing strange occurred, it worked as it should be.

So, yes, no complaints here...

Wish I had read this topic before I ordered from rapidmanuals. I ordered a manual for £5.99 on 24th of Feb, tried to check on my order status this morning and found their website has been discontinued due to a high volume of complaints. Checked my card online and found they have charged my card twice :mad:

I'm leaving this discussion now, because I don't see what more I could contribute, other than sharing my positive experience with RapidManuals.
(The received software still works as it should...).

Whish you all well, bye for now.

any one got a manual on the hyundai atoz +
it is a 1998 automatic looking for the valve settings on a cold engine any one know cheers. :?:

Sponsored Links
Back