rasied decking on paving slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, party of my raised deck will be over a single strip of paving slabs.
I need to put some posts down, but on the paving slabs do the posts just get attached to the joists and rest on the slab?

any advice?

Sponsored Links
hi put a runner on top of yor slabs ie3x2 or 4x2 then come off that with your 8x2 s or 6x2 s @ 90 degrees you might have to cut a joint out of your runners to fit onto the one on top of your slabs :) hope thats not as clear as mud ;)

hi sorry i think i picked you up wrong yes rest your posts on top of your slabs or can be fixed with a plate and screwed onto slab :oops:

matpj said:
hi all, party of my raised deck will be over a single strip of paving slabs.
I need to put some posts down, but on the paving slabs do the posts just get attached to the joists and rest on the slab?

any advice?

yes they can do. its the easiest and quickets method providing the slabs are stable.

Sponsored Links
How is this done and what type of brackets do you use? Im about to do the same thing in a few months time!

If the base is tsable then the posts that the deck is supported on (assuming its at ground level) sit on the base. They do not need to be fixed to the base in anyway due to the weight of the deck.

....although the frame should be stopped fom travelling laterally by fixing it to something permanent, like the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back