Rat problem

We found we had rats not long after we had moved into our property. It wasnt a very nice feeling. They were in between the floor of the bedroom and the ceiling of our front room. We were battling with them for many years, sealing up any holes, using wire mesh, having cavity wall insulation put in (although it needed it, we thought it would hinder them being able to climb inside the cavities) etc etc. We finally thought we had got rid of them so we started to build an extension only to find that we hadnt. We were very upset. It wasnt until we removed our rear exterior wall that we found the way they were getting in. It was an unused pipe leading from the drains into the cavity of the walls!! Needless to say, the pipe was filled in and we havent heard pitter patter since. I know it doesnt help you in finding their route in, but it does show that although you think you have looked everywhere, there is a chance you havent. I wish anyone who has this problem lots of luck, as it is not a nice thing to have to deal with every day.

Sponsored Links
got my traps from the usual diy at the side of the motorway, loaded with tuna 40mins later 2 black rats job done 1 in attic 1 in the broken drain,as far as im concerned a strong smelling food that will carry through the cavites will bring them out at any time just place them at side of a wall and tie them down,good luck i hate them with a pasion dont use poison trap it you know youve got them!like all who said before seal up mesh up afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back