Ratchet Wrench

Softus - I don't think that jaw will do inch and a half, it's too big. There's a gap in the scope.
Mine does the nut on a 40mm McAlpine plastic multifit compression fitting, so I doubt that it's too small Chris.

However, I bought it specifically for undoing the traps under shower trays, so it might not be man enough for a 28mm/1" brass fitting, but the tool copes with some tough b*ggers of sink tap backnuts.

Anyway, since I posted that image we've seen the extent of the OP's non-problem, which is solved by a few minutes of firkling, as you and Paul rightly pointed out.

Sponsored Links
I get firkling in the morning and furgle my crows foot..........

Thanks chaps appreciate all the input and suggestions.

Baz

Yes I thought that was a dhw draw off with vent td off to loft above.

Shut gate valve or bung tank. Open hot taps. Put towel round top of cylinder undo union catch water then it stops.

Now pry fitting forward wedge in place with block. Now you have two hands.

If you haven't got two hands get someone else with one hand to hold the fitting while you undo the nut.

No special tools required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back