Can any one help

When the fan cuts in the boiler blows the fuse on the PCB

when the ignition board is disconnected from the gas valve it dose not blow

I have put in a new PCB so I know its not that

could it be the gas valve or the ignition board

I am Corgi just have not sorted out the other forum yet

Thanks for your time

Sponsored Links
I am surprised you haven't looked at the fan first. You need to check this with your multi meter.

Fans and pumps are usually the most common culprits for blowing fuses.

Are we talking about the onboard 2 amp fuse blowing or the 3amp at the switched fused outlet?

Sponsored Links
I've just done the system version of this boiler for the same fault plus a few more. In my case the fan went virually short circuit (3 ohms) @ 180 quid, as its on a honeywell ignition board it blew this too @ 190 quid (think it may only blow the fuse on the sit ignition board though) also blew the main board where the fuse is (relay) @ 185 quid. Not sure if it was shock but it decided then to play up because of the dry joints on the external controls board (8 hours diagnostics plus a bit of resoldering). Got the fan running and the aps was stiff and not making 50 quid.
I used to wonder why nobody would go to a ravenheat now I have joined that enlightened band!

I encounter several of these on LSCs but apart from the occasional failed diverter valve and one NTC they seem a very reliable boiler!

Having said that they are often sent out with the anticycling off.

Tony

I've just done the system version of this boiler for the same fault plus a few more. In my case the fan went virually short circuit (3 ohms) @ 180 quid, as its on a honeywell ignition board it blew this too @ 190 quid (think it may only blow the fuse on the sit ignition board though) also blew the main board where the fuse is (relay) @ 185 quid. Not sure if it was shock but it decided then to play up because of the dry joints on the external controls board (8 hours diagnostics plus a bit of resoldering). Got the fan running and the aps was stiff and not making 50 quid.
I used to wonder why nobody would go to a ravenheat now I have joined that enlightened band!

After more testing found out my multi meter is broke
and a relay is not working and there was a joint burnt out on the ignition board
I fixed the relay re soldered the joint removed the fan and blow in to the air switch and boiler lights

The fan is reading 10 ohms
dose any one know what it should be

I encounter several of these on LSCs but apart from the occasional failed diverter valve and one NTC they seem a very reliable boiler!

Having said that they are often sent out with the anticycling off.

Tony

I must have a problem one then , since a bought it 3 years ago
Diverter valve went
pump went
had a new dhw thermistor

and the system was flushed well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back