ravenheat 85T

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
rubbish boiler. I am at my wits end with it. Overheat light on for no obvious reason. Have changed the usual sensors etc. Am an electrician and feel ok to go this far BUT I need a proper gas fitter for the next bit! someone who can fix it properly. Any good ones in the Durham area?

Sponsored Links
I would have said that when I first got it (actually I did) but having lived with it for so long, I reckon I know all about it. Its easy when you know what to look for
I replaced my 3 way valve today with a part that the plumber suppies said would not fit. They wanted £147 plus vat, I paid £23.50 plus vat. If anything, its a better fit than the one that was on.

Still to be convinced! but on the whole the parts are cheap and easy to get at. my prob at the moment is that the overheat light keeps coming on. water or heating. have changed the overheat sensor etc am now very stuck. no baths for the kids tonight so they are happy. Even thinking about calling british gas! cant afford it but may have to.

Just a quick update. pump will run for a min or so but then the red overheat light comes on. the boiler will work now and then but at the moment it is not playing.

Sponsored Links
thanks

the fan, air pressure switch seem ok. could be flue balance or pcb (unlikely)

We dont give advice on this forum to the public to do any gas work as they are not going to be qualified and it could be dangerous! That includes opening the sealed combustion chamber!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back