RAVENHEAT CSI 85T COMBI BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[/b] IN AUGUST I HAD A RAVENHEAT CSI 85T INSTALLED. AT FIRST IT SEEMED TO WORK OK BUT OCCASIONALLY THE BOILER "FLAME OUT LIGHT" WOULD COME ON, INDICATING THAT THE BOILER HAD FAILED TO START. AS TIME WENT ON, THE "FLAME OUT " LIGHT WAS COMING ON MORE FREQUENTLY. THIS WAS IRRESPECTIVE OF WETHER HOT WATER OR CENTRAL HEATING WAS BEING CALLED FOR. THE CORGI PLUMBER CHECKED IT AND SAID THE FAN WAS RUNNING BUT THE differential PRESSURE SWITCH WAS NOT MAKING AND CONSEQUENTLY THE BOILER WOULD NOT FIRE UP. HE CHANGED THE SWITCH BUT THE PROBLEM PERSISTED AND PROGRESSIVELY GOT WORSE. AFTER CHECKING WATER AND GAS PRESSURE WHICH WERE OK THE PLUMBER DECIDED TO CHANGE THE BOILER. NEW BOILER, SAME PROBLEM!!
HE NOW TELLS ME THE PROBLEM IS THE FLUE.
HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM? IF SO WHAT WAS WRONG AND HOW DID YOU FIX IT. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP ON THIS ONE.

Sponsored Links
Which way does the flue elbow come off the top of the boiler?

Restrictor plate may need turning around.

Has it not occurred to you or your installer to call Ravenheat in under the 3 year warranty, assuming your installer is properly registered :rolleyes:

I'd be having a look at your condensate drain as a first port of call - back left of the boiler as you look at it from underneath, no need to take any covers off. Check to see if it's full on both sides (i.e. you have a blockage somewhere). If not, does it have a wire coming from it? If so, the sensor attached to it (read as "screw") could be (wrongly) shorting and preventing your boiler from firing up. This can cause the intermittent problems you're seeing - repeated failures of main ignition followed by the flame failure light.

Sponsored Links
[/b] THE CORGI PLUMBER CHECKED IT AND SAID THE FAN WAS RUNNING BUT THE differential PRESSURE SWITCH WAS NOT MAKING AND CONSEQUENTLY THE BOILER WOULD NOT FIRE UP. HE CHANGED THE SWITCH BUT THE PROBLEM PERSISTED AND PROGRESSIVELY GOT WORSE. AFTER CHECKING WATER AND GAS PRESSURE WHICH WERE OK THE PLUMBER DECIDED TO CHANGE THE BOILER. NEW BOILER, SAME PROBLEM!!

This really seems very unbelievable !

Just who paid for the new boiler ???

Why spend £600 plus when it just needs a simple repair which any competent boiler engineer can do???

Perhaps its another windup from Zimmers?

Tony

[/b] THE CORGI PLUMBER CHECKED IT AND SAID THE FAN WAS RUNNING BUT THE differential PRESSURE SWITCH WAS NOT MAKING AND CONSEQUENTLY THE BOILER WOULD NOT FIRE UP. HE CHANGED THE SWITCH BUT THE PROBLEM PERSISTED AND PROGRESSIVELY GOT WORSE. AFTER CHECKING WATER AND GAS PRESSURE WHICH WERE OK THE PLUMBER DECIDED TO CHANGE THE BOILER. NEW BOILER, SAME PROBLEM!!

This really seems very unbelievable !

Just who paid for the new boiler ???

Why spend £600 plus when it just needs a simple repair which any competent boiler engineer can do???

Perhaps its another windup from Zimmers?

Tony
Tony,
I didnt come on this site to wind people up. I came on it for advice.
If the repair is simple, please tell me what it is

Peter

I'd be having a look at your condensate drain as a first port of call - back left of the boiler as you look at it from underneath, no need to take any covers off. Check to see if it's full on both sides (i.e. you have a blockage somewhere). If not, does it have a wire coming from it? If so, the sensor attached to it (read as "screw") could be (wrongly) shorting and preventing your boiler from firing up. This can cause the intermittent problems you're seeing - repeated failures of main ignition followed by the flame failure light.

Thanks c128, but this is the second boiler with the same problem
Peter

Keep up the attitude my boy. Your old boiler could probably have been repaired at a fraction of the cost that you have laid out so far, the replacement lasted 6 months and the replacement for the replacement does not work.
Wake up and smell the coffee

Peter, just to help us understand your situation, please could you explain why the boiler has not been repaired under the warrantee and who has paid for the replacement boiler.

No normal person would ever pay for a second boiler when the first one is covered by the Ravenheat warrantee.

Tony

You have exceeded the recommended flue length by 0.5m ! On most other boilers this is not an issue but because the fan has to drag air through two Heat exchangers; this is quite critical on this model.

I recommend that you increase the flue size to 5 inch.

The 5 inch flue has a straight that must go on before the flue elbow. Unfortunately this may mean having to lower the boiler on the wall depending on how much room you have. It may be necessary to use a twin flue set up.

You have exceeded the recommended flue length by 0.5m ! On most other boilers this is not an issue but because the fan has to drag air through two Heat exchangers; this is quite critical on this model.

I recommend that you increase the flue size to 5 inch.

The 5 inch flue has a straight that must go on before the flue elbow. Unfortunately this may mean having to lower the boiler on the wall depending on how much room you have. It may be necessary to use a twin flue set up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back