Ravenheat Combi Boiler problem (Fixed thanks)

Jaa said:
pannierstan said:
Jaa, next time it goes off, look throught the sight glass window and see if you can see the pilot lit or if its all out and nothing lit.

Stan

Cheers Stan will have a look.

Carried out your check, pilot light is out. When the tap is turned on the ignition switch lights the pilot and in turn the heater, when the water is turned off the heater and pilot are out.

Sponsored Links
Sorry what I meant was while the tap is running can you see the pilot or main gas.

Stan

pannierstan said:
Sorry what I meant was while the tap is running can you see the pilot or main gas.

stan
When I first turn tap on the gas lights up, after short time 10/15 sec the gas turns off.
This mornings ablutions I turned water on and watched gas light up, after 10 sec the gas turns off I waited with tap still running and it relit gas after around 25 sec and ran normally.

Sounds like it is going to overheat for some reason, or thinks it is. Have you replaced the thermistors as already suggested? Have you checked the pump is running ok? Can you tell if the boiler is modulating down?

Sponsored Links
I had a Ravenheat Combi a wee while back with a similar problem. Was supposedly OK but it was the heat sensors and eventually it died as unknown to me was a rather large build up of scale....bolier replaced after 3 years :( :(

Well thank you all for your help, the fault seems to have been remedied.
I used compressed air to blow any dust from around pilot and ignition, also the cable from the ignition box to igniter was a loose connection at the igniter end.
The boiler has worked correctly all day so far.
:D Thanks again regards jaa.

Mr Lil said:
I had a Ravenheat Combi a wee while back with a similar problem. Was supposedly OK but it was the heat sensors and eventually it died as unknown to me was a rather large build up of scale....bolier replaced after 3 years :( :(

No boiler needs to be replaced after three years!

It sounds as if it was cheaply fitted by non CORGI who did not flush the system and ended up filled with dirt from the system.

Even that can be remedied for about £300 but perhaps you had a new boiler fitted again without power flushing your system. You can expect another new boiler in three years time.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back