Ravenheat CSI 85T pressure issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, nice to join the forum,

I have a Ravenheat boiler and just recently the pressure is dropping over the course of the day from 1.5 bar to zero. Somethimes i need to refill twice a day.

When filled back over 1bar the boiler works fine. I cannot see any leaks and last week the problem seems to go away but then returned!

Could it be the PRV? Or any other suggestions? Also where is the valve on the expansion vessel I cant find it for the life in me!

Thanks in advance, Dave

Sponsored Links
If its the PRV then water will come out of the vent, usually outside.

To test put a bag or bottle over the end for a couple of days.

To repressurise the EXV you must follow the procedure shown in the FAQ on this site.

If that was the cause the pressure would rise excessively when you turn the heating on. It should increase about 0.4 bar from 1.5 Bar.

Tony

had these before losing pressure from a pinholed condensate heat exchanger,

if this has an internal leak you will be loosing your pressure down your condensate drain.

not cheap if it is!

Sponsored Links
Guys no water from PRV, what next? will check condenser pipe, any more suggestions?

Cant understand the issue went away last week then returned!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back