Ravenheat LS100T leak problem, advice required

S8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, I'm looking for some advice please. We have a raven heat ls100t boiler, it's about 5 or 6 years old now, last year we had the divertor valve replaced. It has been working fine, it recently started making lots of noise, bangs and wheezes etc before cutting out. It have taken the cover off and can see a leak from the main large silver covered section, at the bottom of this section there are three holes with cables coming out of them, the one with a wire linking to the electronic bits has water dripping out, I have emptied as much of the system to avoid it leaking all day.

I will obviously not remove anything else I case it is dangerous, but do you think leaks in this area can be repaired? Or is it new boiler time?

We are in Manchester, if anybody can recommend an honest firm to use, i would appreciate it. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
u obviously have a leak with in the combustion chamber of the boiler, assuming the water has not gubbed/ damaged any parts ? my guess is that it is not terminal u need to get some gas safe fella in to take a look

give ravenheast a call they will or should be able to give you a name of some one or enquire as to a repair direct from them ? they do not use service agents ;) (afaik)

Most commonly when that happens on these boilers its the auto air vent.
A relatively cheap component but you will need a registered gas installer.

Calling Ravenheat is the best way forward for a decent rgi. If you were in my area It would probably be my number that you would be given.

Sponsored Links
If you were in my area

Pakistan? The OP is in Manchester.

Middlesbrough actually but there's a strong smell of curry in these parts and quite often when you drive about the place you can't tell the difference. Pakistan flag just looked good at the time. I'll probably change it when or if we can have a Yorkshire flag.

It would probably be my number that you would be given.

Not something to be proud of dude ;).

Well proud of it mate! I can make money fixing them when all others including British Gas walk away

Recently had a case when 3 different BG guys couldnt fix a boiler over 7 consecutive days. They changed every part except the one that was causing the problem even though they told the occupant they had actually changed it. I knew what it was before I even walked through the door.

Although admittedly the LS series was their worst product. There's a lot of undue prejudice ignorance and discrimination against Ravenheats in general. This has arisen because they were for a long time being sold at B&Q and for the most part fitted on systems with undersized pipework by unqualified idiots for penny pinchers who also liked to save money by not buying cleanser, inhibitor, bypass valves and even room thermostats.

I too had a bad attitude towards them until I found myself working for a landlord with 50 or so of them in his properties, My attitude until this point in time was ' If an idiot DIYer fitted it then they can fix it too' Until I figured that by learning to fix them I've got a good supply of work here. Several free training days and nearly ten years later I'm still making money from them. :LOL:

Ravenheat has probably the best boiler training in the industry!

I don't think of the LS100 as a Ravenheat because it does not have any of their usual characteristics.

Even ravenheat have apologised for the LS (little star ) range of boilers , brought out as a rush to get a combi small enough to fit in a standard kitchen cabinet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back