Ravenheat - The White Star

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would be very grateful if someone could help with my boiler problem.

I am receiving no hot water or heating from my boiler. When it is on and I turn either the hot tap on or turn the heating on, a red light comes on which I understand means either a flame failure or a high temperature lockout. The instructions tell me to reset the boiler by turning it on and off, but this seems to have no effect. It says if the problem persists to shut it down and contact an engineer.

Incidentally, my water was off this morning for several hours, and i dont know if this is connected to the problem. Prior to the water going off the boiler was working fine.

Sponsored Links
Water being off would not have caused the problem you describe.

Need to know what if anything the boiler does before the lockout light comes on when you reset it?

Thanks for the reply

It makes a noise for a 1 - 2 minutes, as if it is trying to ignite, but then the red light comes on.

The boiler was in perfect working condition when I went to bed last night before the water went off and hasnt worked since the water came back on.

Is an Air-Lock a possibility? I have run my taps for a long time and bled my radiators (water came out immediately) and no difference.

have you tried switching the boiler off at the mains on the wall for 5 mins then try again sometimes the logic can get mixed up and needs a full reset not just the front switch
is the fan running if it is it could be the air pressure switch not working that controls the ign and firing part as a safety device so the boiler does not fire up without the fan working so go outside and feel if air is blowing from the fan if it is then its time to check the a p s but its not a d i y job as as the combustion case has to be removed and thats a corgi job ime afraid

Sponsored Links
Is the gas on?

Why did the water go off - did it get cut through during road repairs...not unknown for them to go through the gas as well.

How long's the lockout sequence on this model? One of the old Heatlines takes a few minutes to lockout.

I have now switched it off at the mains.

I think the fan is working as it seems to be making a noise, although everything is enclosed so i cant actually see.

Is the gas on?

Why did the water go off - did it get cut through during road repairs...not unknown for them to go through the gas as well.

How long's the lockout sequence on this model? One of the old Heatlines takes a few minutes to lockout.

I assume the gas is on - the water was cut in quite a lot of postcodes locally. The boiler takes about 2 minutes to lockout. It was working perfectly last night

There is the normal noise like a flowing noise, which i assume is the pump. There is also intermitant ticking which I assume is the fan.

Turning it off at the mains didnt help

Does sound like your lacking gas to the burner.

I recommend getting a corgi guy to check boiler as the work req is sounding gas related.

Ive been in touch with Scottish Water who are arranging to have a plumber sent out tomorrow.

I think with the proximity of the water being cut off and then the boiler going they must be related. They think it is an air lock.

Thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back