Raw deal for the young?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Talk on the news today of vaccine passports for international travel. I can't help thinking that the under 40s who have had to suffer a year of Covid hardship to prevent a disease that pretty much doesn't make them very ill are now to be denied chance of travel because they haven't yet been vaxd. What about all the teenagers and 20 somethings?

Hardly fair. Is this 'boomer politics I wonder?

Sponsored Links
The vaxine passports are not a UK proposal, but may be demanded by other countries before permitting us access.

Sponsored Links
Talk on the news today of vaccine passports for international travel. I can't help thinking that the under 40s who have had to suffer a year of Covid hardship to prevent a disease that pretty much doesn't make them very ill are now to be denied chance of travel because they haven't yet been vaxd. What about all the teenagers and 20 somethings?

Well, having had the jab is no guarantee that you are not infected or carrying the virus, but supposing it did (the jury is still out on that point), what alternative method would you suggest of limiting entry to a country?

I am one of the many who have had the jab already, despite which I am still isolating as much as possible. Personal, I would there to be some confirmation that the jab prevents the spread, before implementing jab passports.

Silly idea. To square the circle, young people can pay for a vaccination passport. What is the cost of your freedom? £500?

Silly idea. To square the circle, young people can pay for a vaccination passport. What is the cost of your freedom? £500?

4 were caught (this morning on the news) trying to circumvent the UK admission rules and each fined £10,000 - well done the Border Force.

So how are the under 30s going to get a covid vaccine passport this summer? Or are we saying summer holidays are just for the over 50s?

Vaccine production and delivery are not without limits, people and facilities are likewise limited, so we have to devise priorities to receive the vaccine. Priorities are never fair to everyone. It wasn't fair on me, that I had to wait 2 months before I could have my first jab. It's not fair that my partner will likely need to wait until April, before she becomes eligible either.

The authorities are doing their best to get the vaccine out there and as fairly distributed as they can, according to need - what more can they do? They are doing an absolutely commendable job, under difficult circumstances.

The authorities are doing their best to get the vaccine out there and as fairly distributed as they can, according to need - what more can they do? They are doing an absolutely commendable job, under difficult circumstances.
Albeit not complying with the WHO strategy.

would it be fairer to allow them to go away and catch an infectious and potentially fatal disease, bring it back and spread it around?
I wouldn't have a problem if they were able to buy one. But they can't.

It's one thing to vaccine by risk, which is exactly the right thing to do. Its another to allow privilege associated with it.

Sponsored Links
Back