Raw deal for the young?

Sponsored Links
So freedom is being forced to have a vaccination and pay £500 for the privilige? Strange idea of the meaning of the word 'freedom'.
Nobody is forcing them to go abroad. You don’t get free passports, flights, hotel accommodation, drinks and meals either. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Is there any requirement to? The WHO can only make recommendations, we run our own country now.
When was the referendum to exit WHO?
I thought it was Brexit, from EU not from UN.
For sure, there is no requirement to follow UN recommendations. But it's a dangerous precedent to set.

So freedom is being forced to have a vaccination and pay £500 for the privilige? Strange idea of the meaning of the word 'freedom'.

What is strange about that? I have to pay car tax, insurance, repairs and possess a licence to operate my car - freedom would mean I could drive without having to pay for those unnecessary things.

When was the referendum to exit WHO?
I thought it was Brexit, from EU not from UN.

We haven't exited WHO, nor the UN. The WHO only make recommendations, not rules.

For sure, there is no requirement to follow UN recommendations. But it's a dangerous precedent to set

Nothing dangerous at all, countries ignore WHO recommendations all the time.

I just looked up the estimator for an 18-year old with no particular vulnerabilities, and at current rates, they'd expect to be vaccinated in May or June.
https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

However, the rate might might double shortly, depending on availability of doses.

Some people will continue to refuse it, which will shorten the queue for the rest of us.

I don't know that "privilege" is the right word.

Even vaccinated people are expected to continue with precautions like distancing and masks, and self-isolating after travel.

I wouldn't have a problem if they were able to buy one.

i would. Because in times of shortage, by elbowing their way to the front of the queue they are pushing somebody else back.

There have always been people willing to profit by scarce treatments for disease. Remember "the third man" which included theft and adulteration of penicillin in the early post-war years, when it could be used to treat, for example, children dying in hospital of meningitis, or prosperous gangsters with VD.

"it is revealed Lime was running a racket; he was buying up military hospital penicillin supplies, diluting them to make the drug stretch further and selling the vials off at a great profit to himself. The substandard penicillin was given to children with meningitis but failed to cure it. Martins is taken to a hospital to see the victims. “The lucky ones died, and the unlucky ones lived and went insane”, says detective Major Calloway, who uncovered the swindle."

DSC00982.JPG

Even vaccinated people are expected to continue with precautions like distancing and masks, and self-isolating after travel.
One of my major concerns, especially with the younger generation, is that with vaccinations, they will dispense with those other vitally important measures, which will lead to a new emergence of a pandemic.

It's a national emergency affecting the whole population. Its tiresome to keep hearing of all these groups bleating their selfish "what about us" pleas. Everyone should just STFU until its all sorted for everyone.

I just looked up the estimator for an 18-year old with no particular vulnerabilities, and at current rates, they'd expect to be vaccinated in May or June.
https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

However, the rate might might double shortly, depending on availability of doses.

Some people will continue to refuse it, which will shorten the queue for the rest of us.

I don't know that "privilege" is the right word.

In that case - I'm probably making a fuss about nothing.. I hadn't realised we were making such progress.

One of my major concerns, especially with the younger generation, is that with vaccinations, they will dispense with those other vitally important measures, which will lead to a new emergence of a pandemic.

True, so the only solution is education and heavy fines. The more sensible and older ones, will at least be protected from the excesses of the younger generation.

Sponsored Links
Back