Rayburn 499k MX Lock out on both burners

Those are fine John - I have a new motor/cap coming will see how it goes from there and update

Sponsored Links
If you decide to test the old motor on the bench, it should start up quickly and in the same direction every time...I like to test the torque, too so I hold the motor in a vice and grip the spindle whilst switching on.
On a couple of occasions Ive been able to stop the motor from turning!
Check the motor to pump dog drive too - I cant remember what it looks like though.
John :)

The pump drive dog on this burner is very flimsy. A source of many problems, but there was a modification on later models that improved it.

Is that the splined coupling? Its been a long time since I locked horns with this one, and have no desire to repeat the experience :eek:

Sponsored Links
The original was a very short triangular job.
The worst aspects of all these cookers is degradation of the combustion chambers often caused by overfiring as a consequence of poor service regimes and clogged baffles. It did not help that originally that the two layers of each baffle were the same width, and jammed in the heat exchanger. The right hand ones are also under the hob and you can't pull them effectively.

Update on this - New Motor and cap fitted (motor is now slightly different with the cap built on - different make) -- Fired up first time and sounds a lot healthier
Thanks again everyone

Last edited:
Result!
So pleased you are up and running again. When you feel inclined, do remove those baffles some day for a decoke :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back