Rayburn Flue tar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I have an oil fired Rayburn and have recently noticed a few drops of tar/creosote dripping out of the vent at the base of the flue so in pretty sure I have a problem with tar in the chimney flue that's running down and out onto the upper surface of the Rayburn. Chimney was swept not so long ago so what's best way to tackle the tar deposits?...I only run it during the winter at low temperatures and it's never turned up hight. Would turning up to high occasionally burn off the tar or is it likely to cause a chimney fire? Thoughts?
IMG_20191204_171047.jpg
IMG_20191204_170846.jpg

Sponsored Links
Was it swept properly by a proper registered chimney sweep who gave you a certificate, or a man in a Ford Fiesta who bought some brushes off a mate down the pub?

Tar & creosote deposits can be a sign of poor combustion. When was it last serviced? If it's running down, it could also mean a leaky chimney.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back