rayburn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive recently had a oil filled rayburn nouvelle fitted,problem is that when the cooker only is on it is fine,now whren i fire up the boiler and hot water the pipes start banging the water is getting to hot i have a pump fitted which i have turned to no3 ,the pump is fine but the pipes are still banging,ihave to run the hot water of and turn the boiler off,if both are on together,it sounds like the house is gonna blow,any suggestions please

Sponsored Links
Who fitted it and were they Oftec registered.

Sounds to me like it ain't bin done right.

Who fitted it and were they Oftec registered.

Sounds to me like it ain't bin done right.
yeah they r properly registered,if i do not have the cooker lit i can use the boiler and heating perfect,it cuts out at right temp and is great,but as soon as the cooker part is lit it is almost like there is to much heat to the water,i have noticed that it is wired up to a controll box for heating and water,i have constantly kept these lights always lit,so i have kept power on and turned the lights of on control unit on wall now this seems ok,but obviously the pump is not running as the light on wall is not on,the only part of the pipe which is now very hot is the first 5 feet,as it cannot circulate,is this ok to use like that,or would that cause any problem as all i have to do is tun on the pump and then let the water circulate.thanks

No it isn't all right to use it until you get the water issues sorted out.

Get the installer back.

Sponsored Links
No it isn't all right to use it until you get the water issues sorted out.

Get the installer back.
got another plumber in tto look at it and he said it has been plumbed up wrong,so thanks for your help,i have not asked the original plumber to come back i would rather cut my losses and get someone else in once again many thanks neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back