RCBO Testing

Sponsored Links
What on earth made you think you were competent to do this work in the first place?
Read his other posts and you'll see why.

Seriously - do read them, or at least a significant number of them - a worrying picture emerges.....

Not all RCBO's will test in isolation, at source...

Not sure where you are going with this? A 30mA RCD is a 30mA RCD which I don't see why you can't test in isolation at source - isolation meaning that the outgoing wires to the circuit are disconnected. If it fails to trip then it is a fail and requires replaced.

Not sure where you are going with this? A 30mA RCD is a 30mA RCD which I don't see why you can't test in isolation at source - isolation meaning that the outgoing wires to the circuit are disconnected. If it fails to trip then it is a fail and requires replaced.
I presume he is reffering to the MEM RCBO pods (which are availible either already combined with a MCB or seperate for field fitting), these monitor the live by running the outgoing live core through the current transformer. Therefore if you test by probing the output terminal they don't trip.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much plugwash,

I don't condone the use of MEM equipment, but do have to work with it from time to time :LOL:

Having just fitted some new bathroom lights for a customer, I've installed an rcbo on the existing lighting circuit, which doesn't have a cpc.
Could you explain why you've fitted anything into a bathroom without a CPC?

Does your insurance policy cover you to carry out illegal and dangerous work that fails to comply with The Building Regulations and conflicts with the guidance given in BS 7671?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back