RCBO's

T

Tonyx

Could someone please advise me what the difference is between a Single Module RCBO and a 2 Module version. Never needed to fit one before so not sure what the difference is, apart from the price. :rolleyes:

Also, am I right in saying I can fit a standard battenholder in Zone 3 of a bathroom?

Thanks,

Tony

Sponsored Links
A two module RCBO will break the neutral at the same time as breaking the line. Useful when you have a TT covered with a 100mA or time delayed incomer as it clears neutral faults from the system.

There is no Zone 3.

A single takes one space in the CU just like a MCB, whilst a double takes up two slots,
Yes.

Sponsored Links
Excellent, thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

Sorry, meant to say outside Zones 1 & 2 for the battenholder :cool:

It depends - if it is suitable for its environment where it is located then it will be fine. I prefer to see some sort of enclosed one if it is close to the bath, shower etc owing to moisture.

To be pedantic - the 17th edition of the regs doesn't specify zone 3 however part p of the building regs still refers to the 16th edition.
Work such as adding a light carried out in any zone of a bathroom as specified by the 16th edition regs is notifiable (England/Wales).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back