RCD Fault?

Fully Part P. You lads are obviously stowed off with work if you can spend so much time on here!
Thanks for the info/grief. Will remember never to come back on ............

Sponsored Links
He notified it via his scheme even though it wasn't safe and therefore did not comply with P1 of Part P? :eek:
I'm not a member of a competent person scheme as I don't do enough domestic installation for it to be financially viable.

You stareted with the 'my brother is an electrician and he's done some work for me. Now I've got a problem, can you guys help?'

There are so many people starting as yopu did, who cannot get the electrician back out because of various reasons. Mainly because he is called Chris Cringle (father Christmas) and doesn't exist.

I don't see anyone giving you grief in any answers. The job has been done wrong, from design through to installation and testing.

You could easily overload your man fuse with 2 showers, depending on what else is running at the same time.

As for the earth problem, you have been lucky not to have got a shock.
No main earth means the only earth path is the poor sod touching the cable.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info/grief. Will remember never to come back on ............
What grief?

The guy who did this appalling job (and, let's not forget, left behind something which could have killed you, or your wife, or your child) has been roundly and rightly criticised, but you've done nothing wrong, have you...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back