mcb and rcd tripping intermittently

"bypassed half the CU and disconnected and earth to get you going"

Was he wearing a Stetson and spurs if not why not!!!

I bet you paid cash for a cheap job!!

If the second sparky doesn't sort you out tell him you'll get another sparky in to sort it and bill him for it.

I do know a good electrician in your area who does appear on this site if you get stuck.

Sponsored Links
dancol said:
when i tried getting first one back, he was @too busy with other jobs@ hes the one that bypassed half my cu board and disconnected one earth lead to @get me going again@.

second one going to ring me later today.

thanks
change your keyboard settings to english instead of american, this will make the " key actually say " instead of @.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
crafty1289 said:
plugwash said:
(plug fuses will not dependablly discriminate with B32 mcbs)
indeed. especially when you spill water all over the kettle's cordless base ;) :LOL:

Er, I'll second that.... :oops:
Though IIRC, when I did it (at work), the kettle had a crack in it, which was not enough for water to leak through, and I must have given it the "final push" when brewing up one morning and made the crack bigger without realising (the heat contributing also). Turned the kettle on, went away for 5 mins, came back to kitchen floor covered in water and no 'lectric :LOL: So not to be blamed on my own clumsiness (for once!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back