RCD plus MCB - how to wire to shower. Help required please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post here (great forum).

Looking for help to wire RCD and MCB to shower.
This to be certified after completion.
Trying to find diagram online but can't find any information that will help.
Wiring diagram would be ideal if possible.
I've searched this forum but also can't find what I'm looking for.
Many thanks in advance.
Cheers
Harry

Sponsored Links
The MCB goes in the consumer unit. The RCD can either be an integral one often feeding a few ways in the consumer unit or if on its own in an external enclosure. Or have you got a "shower CU" which needs joined into the meter tails?
I don't know what you have heard re notification/certification but officially an electrician cannot issue an EIC nor notify LABC about work they have not completed themselves.

Are you intending to take a circuit from your existing consumer unit, (i.e. is there room?) or do you want to fit a separate consumer unit for the shower?

Spark123 - many thanks for quick reply .you have given answer i was looking for ,didnt know about notification. i had understood you could inform council and work could be certified .once again thanks.

sparkyspike - many thanks for quick reply but ;spark123 answered my question

Sponsored Links
Spark123 - many thanks for quick reply .you have given answer i was looking for ,didnt know about notification. i had understood you could inform council and work could be certified .once again thanks.

Yes, you can notify your LABC in advance, pay thier fee and let them oversee compliance with the building regs if you so wish. The fees vary between local authority builing controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back