Rcd protection

I like the "eternal" buildings....

I fancy one of those - are they maintenance-free? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Chaining output for RCD sockets wouldn't be much use while we predominantly use ring finals... and if radials were used and such a product was available, then as sure as eggs are eggs some fool would install it on a ring final and have it break the ring when it trips :LOL:

fools will **** up electrical installation in a lot of ways.

a socket with a built in 20A rated RCD and a chaining output would seriously rock for new installation though and rings have really had thier day (except possiblly in the kitchen where its common to have lots of high load stuff close together), keep the RCD protetion close to the point of use without putting it seperately on every socket (the yanks have been doing this for years)

Sponsored Links
agreed we have diffrent approaches for different situations,as electricians we gain experiance from situations fron a 3 pair bell wire to a 240mm 4 core+earth+lugs+hydralic crimpers,
have fun in this industry! i am!!

plugwash said:
...Also make sure you avoid single module RCBOs if using a type S RCD upstream as most of them don't isolate the neutral (again causing discrimination issues)...

very good point. I should have thought of that.

mr walker said:
agreed we have diffrent approaches for different situations,as electricians we gain experiance from situations fron a 3 pair bell wire to a 240mm 4 core+earth+lugs+hydralic crimpers,
have fun in this industry! i am!!
Anyone can have fun if they're barking mad, or a wind-up merchant. :rolleyes:

RF Lighting said:
Surely mr walker is some kind of wind up merchant. I hope he isn't really in the electrical contracting game.

I hope he's for real.

If he's in Leeds he could be a really good source of income for me... I could just follow him round and sort out the mess! :)

Mr Walker, did you wire my consumer unit?

cimg03706db.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back