RCDs and RCBOs..Whats the difference you may ask?(Off Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Maybe, maybe not. What is the whole picture?
Click.

Are you wanting to have a forum littered with swearing?
Certainly not, and nowhere will you find me asking for that.
?? So what am I missing? You swore, it was modded. So what? Is that upholding keeping the forum in a civil way, or is it treating you like a child? Just because you think that blanking out a few letters makes it not in the dictionary hence OK to use to aim abuse at others, others don't see it your way.

Personally I'd prefer to see it the other way around and have all the swear words removed completely, but I realise that isn't going to happen.
Who would define what qualified as a swear-word?
I'd asume the person who owns the site decides what is and what isn't acceptable language to use.
What is the POINT of obscuring them?
What is the point in writing foul language in the first place?
To turn around and aim abuse at someone for upholding this is imo wrong, and warrants an apology.
That isn't what I did - you still haven't read this properly....
I have read the link, and still think what you wrote is wrong and wasn't called for. Just because a word is obscured doesn't mean it is right to aim it at someone, that is still abuse.

Re the children thing, I know other people on here have young children, I know of posters who read topics in general discussion with their young children.
Anybody who thinks it's OK for their children to read topics from that stinking cesspit of hate spewed forth by the racist and violent sub-human scum there does not deserve to be a parent.
That may be your opinion, but I think that last sentance is a bit below the belt.

Sponsored Links
Re the children thing, I know other people on here have young children, I know of posters who read topics in general discussion with their young children.
Anybody who thinks it's OK for their children to read topics from that stinking cesspit of hate spewed forth by the racist and violent sub-human scum there does not deserve to be a parent.

BAS, you complain about your "free speech" being curtailed - as it quite rightly was due to your disgusting language and childish behaviour. And then deny the right of free speech to the general discussion forum, that you say is a "stinking cesspit of hate spewed forth by the racist and violent sub-human scum"

In other words because your opinions are so important you must be allowed to say anything you want, but nobody else is worthy of that privilege. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

BAS, you complain about your "free speech" being curtailed - as it quite rightly was due to your disgusting language and childish behaviour.
There are only two reasons for you to accuse me of childish behaviour.

a) to provoke an argument

b) because you too have completely failed to understand

And then deny the right of free speech to the general discussion forum, that you say is a "stinking cesspit of hate spewed forth by the racist and violent sub-human scum"

In other words because your opinions are so important you must be allowed to say anything you want, but nobody else is worthy of that privilege. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I can see where I described that forum as a "stinking cesspit of hate spewed forth by the racist and violent sub-human scum".

I can see where I suggested that people shouldn't read stuff like that to their children.

I can't see where I denied the right of free speech to the general discussion forum - can you please show me where I did?

I accused you of childish behaviour because of your childish behaviour, as witnessed and commented on by many others. There's no need for me to provoke an argument, you started the argument many posts ago and as a result got your self banned.

The only thing I understand is that you persisted in swearing and insulting the mods and offending many other people. I have no interest in your spurious reasons except for their entertainment value.

"I can't see where I denied the right of free speech" - its all in the words you choose. Who do you think you are, you have no rights to deny or allow what gets said on this forum. Its down to the owner of this site and he can do what he likes, and if you, me or anyone disagrees there is nothing you can do about it - except pointless whinging.

Why don't you start your own forum? then you will have the power (you so obviously crave) to be lord and master over the contributors. You'll be able to swear your head off and use disgusting language to denigrate the opinions of others.

I accused you of childish behaviour because of your childish behaviour, as witnessed and commented on by many others.
If you think it childish to object when reasonable and civilly phrased questions are ignored and deleted because answering them would cause a mistaken mod some embarrassment, or childish to object when threads are locked in a forcible attempt to stop questions being asked because answering them would cause a mistaken mod some embarrassment, or childish to object to being banned for expecting a moderator to observe normal common courtesies and answer a reasonable and civilly phrased question then I pity you, because you clearly do not place any value whatsoever on your own worth, and you think that it's perfectly OK for the moderators and admin to treat you with as much contempt as they like.

The only thing I understand is that you persisted in swearing and insulting the mods and offending many other people.
Your understanding is so completely wrong that it beggars belief.

You must either be so hard of thinking that you really cannot follow my very clear explanation of what happened or you are refusing to accept it because you would rather continue to make false allegations against me.

Either way there is no point in you continuing - you are either incapable or unwilling to deal with it properly.

Who do you think you are, you have no rights to deny or allow what gets said on this forum
Either show me where I tried to do that (note - more of your bizarre and flawed "interpretations" of my words do not qualify as proof) or also scratch that off the list of lies you're trying to tell about me.

Why don't you start your own forum? then you will have the power (you so obviously crave) to be lord and master over the contributors.
I don't want that power, and what I object to is the way that the people who run this forum behave as if they are everyone's lord and master, and are completely unaccountable, and do not have to treat people with any respect.

You'll be able to swear your head off
I've already said I don't want that, so why are you persisting with lies?

and use disgusting language to denigrate the opinions of others.
I wonder why you think it worse to express disgust at people who want to kill and main and torture those they don't like, even if they are children who just happen to be living in a country whose leaders they don't like, than it is to express the desire to kill and maim etc in the first place?

ENOUGH!!!

if you want to argue this crap, go do it in the general discussion forum and stop hijacking electrical posts... :evil:

freaking kids the lot of you.. :mad:

?? So what am I missing? You swore, it was modded. So what? Is that upholding keeping the forum in a civil way, or is it treating you like a child? Just because you think that blanking out a few letters makes it not in the dictionary hence OK to use to aim abuse at others, others don't see it your way.
FGS - I really can't believe that you can have read that link properly and still not have understood what it clearly explained.
Maybe it is because in my eyes, and it would seem in the eyes of others your point is flawed.
What is the point in writing foul language in the first place?
Is "bt" really "foul language"? I don't think so, nor am I the only one.
Yes, I do consider it foul language of which its use is totally pointless.
If I said words like thas whilst I was young I'd expect a clip around the lug.

I have read the link, and still think what you wrote is wrong and wasn't called for. Just because a word is obscured doesn't mean it is right to aim it at someone, that is still abuse.
Then read it again, and again, and again until you finally grasp what it says.

It was precisely because I disagreed with the idea that swapping a few letters in a word made it OK that I wrote what I did. The Mod concerned simply refused to accept that changing "bt" to "bulls**t" was completely pointless.

So I called him what I did to drive the point home to him. He promptly removed the post, presumably because he found that me swapping a few letters in my word for asterisks was completely pointless, as it was still perfectly clear what the word was.
Using asterisks to mask a swear word so it can still be read by adults and using asterisks to mask a swear word that can be read by adults to aim abuse at anyone are two different matters.

And that was just what I expected him to do. What I then wanted was for him to give his reasons for doing it, for he would have then been unable to continue to pretend that swapping a few letters for asterisks did any good.
So it was mod baiting.
That may be your opinion, but I think that last sentance is a bit below the belt.
There are people on that forum who advocate torture, murder, and arson.

There are people there who advocate the use of illegal violence to get their way.

There are people there who advocate the wholesale slaughter of civilians by bomb, rocket and artillery attacks as a means to achieve political aims.

You may think that ideas like that should be promoted to children, but I don't.
You may have a point with the political stuff, however I still would consider it dangerous to label anyone as being a bad parent if they should sit with their child reading something which they have read themselves and considered suitable in the general discussion forum.
Anyhow, I can see this going around in circles.
At the end of the day I still consider what you did to be wrong which is why I probably still fail to see your point - wether or not you can justify it to yourself is another matter.
Aiming abuse at anyone is imo wrong wether it is a mod or another poster.
Using swear words or foul language is imo wrong and lowers the tone of the forum, using asterisks to blank out some letters is only slightly better and personally I'd consider using different wording. I'd like to see them removed completely but I can understand why this isn't viable.
So I'll have to agree to disagree with you on this and I'll leave it at that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back