RCDs and RCBOs..Whats the difference you may ask?(Off Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Holmslaw - even though you can't begin to comprehend it, you just have to accept that there is such a thing as self-respect, and that even though you personally have no feelings of self-worth, some of us do, and therefore we resent being treated like s**t by the mods and admin.

RF - even though you can't begin to comprehend it, you just have to accept that there is such a thing as self-respect, and that even though you personally have no feelings of self-worth, some of us do, and therefore we resent being treated like s**t by the mods and admin.

Sponsored Links
I still fail to see your point??
You whinged that you weren't allowed to swear as it is automatically removed by the swear filter / admin / mods?
I take it then you decided it would be a good idea to purposely bypass the swear filter and the mods/admin removed it? I think that was just baiting to be honest.
You called a moderator a not very nice 4 letter word and claimed that as it had ** in it was OK (which to me was plain and simple abuse) - then you have the audacity to complain that you have been treat like poo?
Sorry - but I think you are wrong and owe the moderator you called that an apology.

** **** ** *** *** ** ***, **'* ******* ****** ***!

That's because you've failed to understand the whole picture.

Read this again and you will see the context.

You whinged that you weren't allowed to swear as it is automatically removed by the swear filter / admin / mods?
No, that isn't what happened. Read this again.

I take it then you decided it would be a good idea to purposely bypass the swear filter and the mods/admin removed it? I think that was just baiting to be honest.
No, that isn't what happened. Read this again.

You called a moderator a not very nice 4 letter word and claimed that as it had ** in it was OK
Yup, on the basis that that was EXACTLY the same claim that the moderator was making about the rendering of another word, a claim which I disputed, which is why I wrote what I did about him - to drive home the point that he was wrong. Read this again.

(which to me was plain and simple abuse) - then you have the audacity to complain that you have been treat like poo?
If you think it audacious to object when reasonable and civilly phrased questions are ignored and deleted because answering them would cause a mistaken mod some embarrassment, or audacious to object when threads are locked in a forcible attempt to stop questions being asked because answering them would cause a mistaken mod some embarrassment, or audacious to object to being banned for expecting a moderator to observe normal common courtesies and answer a reasonable and civilly phrased question then I pity you, because you clearly do not place any value whatsoever on your own worth, and you think that it's perfectly OK for the moderators and admin to treat you with as much contempt as they like.

Sorry - but I think you are wrong and owe the moderator you called that an apology.
And he owes me a straightforward answer to a straightforward question.

I honestly think, and I mean this in a friendly and supportive way, that you are making an arse of yourself.

That's because you've failed to understand the whole picture.
Maybe, maybe not. What is the whole picture? Are you wanting to have a forum littered with swearing? Personally, if I read a forum littered with swearing I'd switch off pretty quickly as it lowers the tone of the whole forum. Personally I'd prefer to see it the other way around and have all the swear words removed completely, but I realise that isn't going to happen.

If you are expecting an answer from a moderator then I think you've been here long enough to know that they don't get into conversation, they just tell you to email admin. I don't know, maybe it is another one their rules?? ( I won't expect an answer :LOL: )

I still don't believe what you said is right - OK in an adult word we can read through the obscuring things, therefore what is wrong with obscuring them then? To turn around and aim abuse at someone for upholding this is imo wrong, and warrants an apology.

Re the children thing, I know other people on here have young children, I know of posters who read topics in general discussion with their young children. Once you let the reins go, where would you stop?

Looks like BAS' has started another one of his never ending unwinable arguments, which go around in circles, for which he is well known for starting (i.e. this one about High integrity earthing which went on about 21 pages)

:D :D

I honestly think, and I mean this in a friendly and supportive way, that you are making an a**e of yourself.
JohnD - even though you can't begin to comprehend it, you just have to accept that there is such a thing as self-respect, and that even though you personally have no feelings of self-worth, some of us do, and therefore we resent being treated like s**t by the mods and admin.

Maybe, maybe not. What is the whole picture?
Click.

Are you wanting to have a forum littered with swearing?
Certainly not, and nowhere will you find me asking for that.

Personally I'd prefer to see it the other way around and have all the swear words removed completely, but I realise that isn't going to happen.
Who would define what qualified as a swear-word?

If you are expecting an answer from a moderator then I think you've been here long enough to know that they don't get into conversation, they just tell you to email admin.
Yup - and people who live in China have been there long enough to know that if they protest about Tibet they'll get a beating from the police.

That doesn't make the police right, and it doesn't make them wrong to protest.

I still don't believe what you said is right - OK in an adult word we can read through the obscuring things, therefore what is wrong with obscuring them then?
What is the POINT of obscuring them?

To turn around and aim abuse at someone for upholding this is imo wrong, and warrants an apology.
That isn't what I did - you still haven't read this properly....

Re the children thing, I know other people on here have young children, I know of posters who read topics in general discussion with their young children.
Anybody who thinks it's OK for their children to read topics from that stinking cesspit of hate spewed forth by the racist and violent sub-human scum there does not deserve to be a parent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back