Re-conditioning Fans

ddk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello lads and ladettes (yeah right lol) :eek:
I was wondering if any other engineers have successfully replaced seized fan bearings (when oiling them just is'nt enough!) or when the bearings have failed completely. I hate throwing away a perfectly good fan just because the bearings have gone, and I assume they would be cheap enough to buy seperately.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Regards, Ddk

Sponsored Links
Abcot do kits . never used one but at near 300 quid for an apollo fan i can see its worth a try with some

All of the manu's I have spoken to do not recommend oiling fan bearings , have used some of the kits available , some have worked some have not ???

Sponsored Links
We have used quite a few from this mob;
http://www.cetltd.com/default.asp

Who have assured me their re-con fans have the bearings done.

Along with frozen condensate pipes, faulty fans has got to be one of the biggest repair items this winter!! We've had a shed load!!

As for fan kits, don't even go there!!

I do worry about some Band A streamers fans with the internal PCBs, how much will they cost FFS!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back