Re-fixing UPVC beading strips - advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I've had to remove old sealant around kitchen window UPVC beading (inside the house). Instead of plastering up to the window, a UPVC strip has been put across the gap. There's a hole underneath exposing the cavity wall.

The UPVC strips in the bedrooms were also sealed over wallpaper (so the windows were fitted by some real professionals!!). Having bedroom windows plastered, so bedrooms not a problem.

Not ready to re-new the kitchen yet so I just want to re-fix the UPVC strips. They have some kind of 'padding' under them. Can I use silicone to glue them down to the wall and then seal the joints with silicone?

I want to be able to get the UPVC strips up easily next year when I have the kitchen re-tiled.....but don't want the strips to lift up again in 6 months time. Advice would be welcome. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Yes you can stick on with silicone, then just cut them off with a stanley knife when you're ready, the padding you referred to is probably double sided glazing tape, not really made for the job but does work................until the sun softens the adhesive and it falls off :oops:

Thanks for that, silicone it is then and no, the sticky pads don't work!

The plasterers are in the bedrooms right now plastering the upstairs windows properly. They laughed at the gap.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back