RE grouting a shower cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had our shower cubicle tiled with mosaic tiles about 2 years ago.
I've notice that around the bottom of the shower, some of the grout seems to be wearing away!
Is it possible to regrout between the tiles?
If so what is the best way to clean the shower junk of the tiles?
Is there a more durable form of water proof grout?
I also asume it might be worth repositioning to shower head/fitting, so it directs downwards instead of at an angle ( hitting the lower part of the wall in the shower cubicle ). Maybe getting one of those 'rain head' shower things.

thoughts and opinions much apprecitated!

Sponsored Links
clean out the grout and replace with caulk.its waterproof.does not discolour and you would never know the difference

Buy a grout rake and clean out what you can then regrout with something like BAL Superflex wall grout this has an additive to help it bond to non-porus tile like mosaic and it is more durable, I always use it in shower cubicles, it just takes a bit more effort to clean off the tiles so don't let any dry on the surface.

http://www.bal-adhesives.co.uk/bal/main/bal_prod/sprflx_wg.html

Before fitting a "watering can" type head make sure you have sufficient water flow as they usually need more than a standard head.

Jason

Thanks for the replies. I'll see which of those products I can get hold of. Just to check, by 'caulk' do you mean 'decorators caulk' or something else?

Sponsored Links
Don't use decorators caulk. Use sanitary silicon which has a fungicide in it to help stop meldew.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back