Re-pressurising boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help, I used to have to re-pressurise our boiler every few months which was fine, last year when we had the pump replaced the plumber changed a couple of other bits around as well and I forgot to ask about the pressurising procedure.

Attached are some photos of the parts now, would anyone know how I would do it? I've tried the black tap at the top and the blue one lower down, I believe it used to be the black tap at the top near the pressure gauge that worked. Its currently sitting not much above 0 bar when the boiler is off or on

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 162
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 191
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 186
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 196
Sponsored Links
The third photo is just cutting off the other end of the filling loop,(image 4) one end is already open, can you post another photo ?

Thanks for the reply, attached are a few more photos

I assume it does need re-pressurising if its that low? I bled a couple of the radiators earlier and after putting the heating back on all the radiators in the house are hot still. The shower might not be as hot as it used to be but I'm not even sure if that could be caused by the pressue

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 163
on image 0430 you can see a valve with a slot for a screwdriver,you need to open this, this is one half of your filling loop, the other valve is up near the red expansion vessel which is already open and should be closed when you have topped the pressure up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back