Re-sealing....2 door Quadrant shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me.

About 3.5 years ago, we had the following shower unit fitted in a refurb of our bathroom

http://www.merlyn-bathrooms.com/mer...res/merlyn/6series/product.php?product_id=115

Now, nearly 4 years on, the sealant used around the base of the frame is getting somewhat dirty and starting to ever so slightly peel away from the chrome frame, causing me to think I probably need to re-seal and clean the frame.

Can someone tell me how exactly to do this, would I just cut out the old sealant with a stanley knife and then clean it up and re-seal it or is there is a more professional way to do this?

Also, how long do I need to let the sealant set for, approx 24-48 hours?

Any tips would be helpful.....

Sponsored Links
If it really is peeling off then yes you will have to remove and replace. USe a blad to get off what u can, then get some silicon killer (from any DIY shed) to get the residue off.

Then, plenty of threads on here regarding how to apply selant propely.

If the sealant youhave is just dirty, on the other hand, use bleach or suitbale cleaner to clean it. Wipe on, leave, wash off. Most dirt in the shower is either mold (bleach) or limescale (vinegar or propietry cleaner such as Vyakal from the supermarket)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back