what to do on the edges of tiling a 'u'shape shower cubicle?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm tiling a 'u'shaped shower enclosure with 10mm thick slate tiles. I'm fitting a frameless merlyn series 10 shower door (http://www.merlyn-bathrooms.com/merlyn_local/products/enclosures/merlyn/10series/product.php?product_id=97) which has two metal profiles to hold the glass in place vertically. From the pictures it looks like these will not angle over the edge of the tiles. I assume the edges of the tiles will be showing, or should I use a special tile trim?

Sponsored Links
I also want to know - 2 of the walls are moisture board and the third wall is cement render. I've bought a dunlop tanking kit to tank out and I have some primer for the cement render wall - I assume the cement render go's on before the tanking kit?

Yes, tanking is done just before tiling.

You can buy wall trims to hide the tiles 'biscuit' although for natural stone tiles and some Porcelain the biscuit is the same colour as the tiles face so not usually a problem if it on display.

I tend to find the flat wall trims much more desirable than the quadrant style which look a little dated these days

Sponsored Links
if the tiles is the same colour all the way through(should be with slate),then i wouldnt bother with a trim,tends to take the look from the tile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back