Re-Tiling with underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have underfloor heating in my kitchen with ceramic tiles on top, I want to replace the existing tiles. Can I just lay new on top or would that make the heating completely useless? If its just a 10% loss of heat that would be bearable..... does anyone have any experience of this??

Sponsored Links
I currently have underfloor heating in my kitchen with ceramic tiles on top, I want to replace the existing tiles. Can I just lay new on top or would that make the heating completely useless? If its just a 10% loss of heat that would be bearable..... does anyone have any experience of this??

truthfully you would lose a lot more than any 10% heat loss mate, also the problems arising from tiling over old tiles, steps at door ways, all kick boards having to be removed and cut, getting all old dirt and grease from existing tiles, Hell of a lot of work, only to find you have minimal IF ANY heat coming through the new tiles, I would say the 10% is probably how much heat you would actually have on your feet, waste of time TBH

S it a wet or electric heating system?...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back