Re-wiring a home entry phone

Sponsored Links
? You only need the 5 below the wires !!

They didn't look well enough aligned to me, but you could be right. In which case, it's something like:

green = 11 = call = I
white =1 = speaker = T
blue = 2 = mic = R
grey = 9 = lock = Z
red = 6 = common = O

Hi all

I'm new to this but wondered if anyone can help.

I have a videx 924 entry phone and I wanted to replace with a videx 3101 which I understand is the correct replacement.

Having looked it's just a case of a straight swap with the cables into the same terminals as before but it doesn't seem to work.

The terminals on the old system are labelled with letters and the new system is numbers.

Can anyone shed any light?

Much appreciated

Photo attached of the old system

Attachments

• 20180405_184220.jpg
    20180405_184220.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 306
Sponsored Links
Have you asked the supplier or manufacturer?
I haven't yet no, I was basing it on a sheet which was put together on this thread but on the manual the ports are assigned to the same things such as call out, etc and I've wired it exactly the same leaving just the 2x extra ports in the new system which were number 8 and 9 but these weren't on the original 924 and the 2x brown cables weren't used

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back