ready mixed tile grout shelf life

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, quick question....... I urgently need a tube of ready mixed white tile grout. Does this stuff have a shelf life/ sell by date as I will buy via ebay and cant view all the packaging. thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys, quick question....... I urgently need a tube of ready mixed white tile grout. Does this stuff have a shelf life/ sell by date as I will buy via ebay and cant view all the packaging. thanks
Can you not ask the seller a question as to the expirery date?

the sellers have 100s of items for sale some 1000s I'd sooner get some info from those in the know really.. I know grout in powder form doesnt have much of a life.

how long a shelf life do you want for grout or frequently dual purpose grout adhesive for DIY use ?. Any professional I know would not use premix, expensive method and they use powder mix. I'm not a professional and in the past have used both, but would air on the side of powder unless you want easier life or not confident in getting the mix right.

Sponsored Links
the sellers have 100s of items for sale some 1000s I'd sooner get some info from those in the know really.. I know grout in powder form doesnt have much of a life.

I take that as a pretty rude response to what I thought was a reasonable reply ?
If buying a product to use immediately surly the thing that matters is its in date now.
Knowing if a product has a life of x months seems irrelevant if one does not know the start or use by date?

its for a touch up ( 2" run of grout) by someone who isnt used to using it and I have to send by post. I'll just buy it anyway its only £9

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back