ready pasted vinyl - bubble trouble !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ready pasted vinyl made by fine decor -£16 a roll. Instructions were roll and dip for 10 seconds - unroll and hang. The issue i had was that after carefully smoothing out to remove bubbles it looked fine - but after 30 mins lots of bubbles were appearing. Some of these went back during the day - but some still there next morning. The wall had been stripped of old paper but i did not size. Any thoughts welcome on why bubbling !

Sponsored Links
Easiest thing to do with ready pasted vinyl is to cut and paste it as normal with a thinner mix of paste. then put staright on the wall. All this water trough buisness is a load of c*@p

I agree..I didnt think they still made that ****..

Water everywhere, paste squirting out of the joints, paper sliding all over the place on the wall..

Do as Robbie says and thin the paste down to aobut the consistency of size.

Its just typical when you help out a friend - there are issues. They ordered the paper from a sample book - when I saw it i would guess it was as old as the hills - all dog eared! Also typical that on the one occasion I read the instructions - I should of ignored them !! Thanks for comments guys.

Sponsored Links
'Favour jobs' are always the same mate..

I once went to my aunts to paper a ceiling..just started ..bubbles started appearing :confused: ...bastard distemper!!!!

Spent the next two weekends scraping and sealing it then papered it on the third saturday

Got A FIVER!!!

agree ready pasted is pitttttts... I ignore that soak for 10 seconds crap.. and pull paper from bosh slowly onto paste boards, lay out and fold as if it has been pasted, then leave to soak for 4/5 min. usually goes ok then.. but wot a palarva....specially on 15ft drops..on staircases...

GRRRRR.......Turned up to a job (rained off outside) the bloke presented me with 10 rolls of doshi...... cuts paper, preps walls ..reads notice to decorator sheet supplied with box of paper... rushes out to get ready mixed (red top ) gets back after getting stuck 3/4 hr in traffic.. cut to the quick i pasted and sweated for 2/3 rolls thinking somthings not right here.. then decided to read label, not the instruction sheet i.e notice to decorator sheet which says used ready mixed paste and hang strait away... then sees labe in tiny writing ...PRE ENCOLE........ Duhh

How are we all anyhow ...... :LOL: [/i]

Fine thanks Jon..and you?

''and pull paper from bosh slowly''

You been on the Nelson Mandela's again tonight? lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back